English Essay on Eid Festival

Eid Festival

Outline:
1. Introduction: We cannot forget some festivals.
2. Getting up early in the morning in preparation for the festival.
3. Going to the "Eidgah for prayers.
4. Meeting a very old friend there by chance. A very happy meeting.
5. Bringing that friend to my house - Going with him to other friends and attending a party.
6. Enjoyments of people of different classes on the Eid festival.
7. Getting tired in the evening after a busy day.              
8. Conclusion: Going to bed at night with high hopes about the future.

We cannot forget some festivals in our lives. I shall always remember a festival of Eid. I celebrated it a few years ago at Lahore. It was a cold winter morning. I woke up very early because I knew that it was Eid day. I had great expectations about spending the day with my friends and having different kinds of enjoyments. As soon as I got down from my bed, I began arranging my clothes and things for the festival. I took out the best of my clothes and put them on with great joy.
I went to the "Eidgah" for prayers at about half-past eight with my father and brothers. We all said our Eid prayers with great devotion. Just after prayers we met and exchanged Eid greetings with our friends and neighbors. I was really very surprised to meet a very old friend of mine at the Eidgah. He was Ahmad with whom I had studied in School. Perhaps we had met after eight years. Ahmad had come to Lahore from Karachi. It was because of the Eid festival that I could meet my old friend. it was a very happy meeting for me.
I brought my friend to my house. We talked about our school life for quit some time. Then we made a plan of visiting our friends one after the other. We began visiting them after lunch. We met about five of our friends at their houses. One of them invited us to a tea party at his house.
My friend and I attended the party in the evening. Many of my college friends could be seen there. We all talked happily as we took tea and sweets. There was great deal of laughter and fun at the party. My friends discussed their experiences the day. They discussed their observations of the activities of different casses people on the Eid festival. They talked about the enjoyments of old and young men and children. They talked happily over the fashionable dresses that women wore on the festival of Eid. They all agreed that Eid was a great blessing which made everyone so happy.
My friend and I observed the activities of the people of different classes of people on the festival of Eid. Poor people of the working classes were wearing the only good dresses they had. Their clothes were ordinary but of bright colors. They were meeting each other in passionate joy. They smiled and shook hands in a natural way. They also went to cinema halls in the evening in great number.
People of the middle class moved about happily on the roads in fine clothes. Their greatest happiness seemed to be visiting each other's houses, buying toys for their children, and giving presents to others, etc. They went to parks or cinema houses in the evening. Rich people were seen moving in their cars, visiting each other and exchanging presents. They were wearing very expensive dresses. In the evening, many of them went to hotels and cinema halls.
On the festival of Eid, beggars or the poorest people also seemed to be happy. Rich people gave money to these persons freely. In the evening, I got very tired. I had passed a really busy day.
When I went to bed chat night I thought about the Eid festival for a long time. I felt that the holy festival of Eid, coming after a month of fasting had given me hope and joy. I had high hopes about my future.

Post a Comment

[disqus][blogger][facebook]

MKRdezign

MathJax

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget