English Essay on My Hobby

My Hobbies

Related topics: How to Spend Your Spare Time; How I Spend My Leisure Time; The Value and Uses of Hobbies, The Right Uses of Leisure;       
Outline:    
1.      Introduction: Hobbies depict man's inborn capabilities.
2.      Different kinds of hobbies.
3.      Useful and harmful hobbies.
4.      The value and uses of hobbies.
5.      Conclusion: Hobbies are source of avoiding evils.

Hobby is defined as favorite free-time activity or occupation Hobby is something done in the spare time just for the sake of fun or to pastime. Hobbies fill our leisure with something admirable. Otherwise the result is boredom Hobbies serve as a link between work and idleness. They save us from the dull routine of work and give us thrill when we have actually nothing to do.
There are many types of hobbies. Some are outdoor hobbies and some are indoor ones. Outdoor hobbies give us physical exercise as well, e.g., gardening, jogging, walking and hiking. On the other hand, indoor hobbies keep us mentally busy but give us no physical exercise. Photography, collecting various things, pen friendship, reading and writing are such hobbies. I have two hobbies: gardening end stamp-collecting.
My family lives a little away from the city. Our house has a big law. The atmosphere all around is healthful. We have planted big shady trees. Some of them are fruit-bearing trees. Around the lawn, we have variety of small plants. We have a gardener to look after it. He visits once a week. On Sundays, I myself work in my lawn.
In summer and spring, I say my prayers on the Sunday mornings and go straight to my lawn. In winter, I start my work in the garden quite late in the morning. Once l am among plants, I have no sense of time. I just remember William Wordsworths saying.
"Closer to Nature, closer to perfection”.
I have the tools of gardener with me. Once a week I do all the work myself. When I touch the soft branches and leaves, I feel overjoyed. The shoots, buds and flowers reflect the work of Allah Almighty. He is surely the greatest artist of the universe. When I look closely at the process of growth and decay in Nature, my belief in Allah becomes firm.           
Hobbies are usually not rewarded but I get my reward of gardening. This reward is of different type. On the 23rd of March, I hold a get together of my friends in my lawn. This is my birthday as well. Spring is in full bloom. In the afternoon, this beautiful lawn and flowers of different colors look very attractive. My friends admire my efforts. I feel that Nature has given me my reward. My close friends wait for this day. They remember the colors and the scent of various flowers. On numerous occasions, I have participated in the flower shows held in the city. My stalls have won prizes twice. This has taught me a lesson that the love of Nature never goes unrewarded.
Another hobby that attracts me is stamp-collecting. It is a very common hobby. I have a vast collection of stamps. Some of them are rare. I have a big cabinet meant for this purpose. It has a box-like structure where I keep the stamps. When I get enough spare time, I take them out of the box and arrange them in different albums.

These hobbies keep me busy. I remain safe from the evils of our society. I advise all my friends to have healthy activities for their free-time.

Post a Comment

[disqus][blogger][facebook]

Author

MKRdezign

MathJax

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget